I play a fair amount of D&D for business and pleasure (the “business D&D” is also fun, to be fair). Since we’re traveling I didn’t want to have to cancel all my D&Ding, so I brought some equipment along.
I’ve been meeting with this group (or a configuration of this group) for almost 18 years, and thanks to Zoom we survived the pandemic! In fact, we’re still playing via Zoom which makes playing from the West Coast much easier.
I’ll do another post about all the stuff I brought for the “fancier” podcast version of this travel D&D setup, but the one that isn’t recorded is much simpler:
- My MacBook Pro with 2 USB-C ports
- 2 USB-C cables (one for charging)
- The Audio-Technica ATR2100x-USB Cardioid Dynamic Microphone (I’m sure Jason Snell told me to get this one)
- A microphone stand (mine isn’t very good so I won’t link to it)
- A stack of books from Powell’s to get the webcam sight lines right (you can purchase your books from your preferred bookseller)
That’s it! The Barbie Hot Wheels car is optional.
I know none of this is earth shattering, but I was really pleased at how easy it was to setup and use.