Here’s a fun fact about me: I have a podcast that’s all about Star Trek. It is called Random Trek, and I think it is pretty fun. iTunes reviews say, “Great concept that doesn’t really pay off!”
Thanks to the podcast I get to talk to lots of people about Star Trek AND watch a bunch of Star Trek. In honor of my podcast I’m going to list my 5 favorite episodes of Star Trek that I watched for Random Trek. Now, this doesn’t mean that these are my favorite episodes of Random Trek: I love all Random Trek episodes equally.
Here’s the list, in no particular order:
- “The Wire” (DS9) – Garak is the best. And this season 2 episode is a great Garak story.
- “Parallels” (TNG) – So many Worfs, so much cake! Also, the kookiest TNG opening ever.
- “Future Imperfect” (TNG) – A lonely alien just wants Riker to be his friend. Don’t we all?
- “The City on the Edge of Forever” (TOS) – Let’s face it, this is the best episode of Star Trek no matter what the series. Edith Keeler must die!
- “The Inner Light” (TNG) – Picard lives an entire life in 40 minutes… and it pretty much has no impact on him as a person, other than he learns how to play the flute.
That’s a lot of great Star Trek!
Now, I know I said I didn’t have favorite episodes of Random Trek, but if I did I think I would have to pick Episode 100. That was a special episode in which I had listeners submit questions. It was great to hear from people who enjoy the podcast.
This year has sucked, but it hasn’t been all bad.
I’m writing a post per day for the rest of 2016 talking about some of my favorite things this year. Find the rest of the posts in this series here.