I like to read, though I seem to acquire books at a far faster rate than I can ever hope to read. The Kindle hasn't helped this at all, though now the books take up less space (I still buy physical books too, though).
Anyway, here is a list of the last 15 books I've purchased for my Kindle. I'll include a quick thought about the book if I have read it:
- Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer
- The Race Underground by Doug Most
- The House of Morgan by Ron Chernow
- Cockroaches by Jo Nesbo
- A Stranger in Olondia by Sofia Samatar
- The Red: First Light by Linda Nagata
- Hild by Nicola Griffith
- Fire with Fire by Charles Gannon
- We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler
- Dominion by C.J. Sansom
- The Martian by Andy Weir – I read this for The Incomparable. Quick, fun read which shows its work and its roots as a serial story.
- Honor's Knight by Rachel Bach – I'm reading this right now!
- Once in a Blue Moon by Simon R. Green – This book was longer than it needed to be, but as with most Green it was fun (though not especially well written).
- Empress of the Sun by Ian McDonald – I really like Ian McDonald's "adult" novels. This is the 3rd in his YA series. I thought it was the concluding volume, but it wasn't so I was disappointed. However, it is the best in the series so far (not a great starting point for new readers).
- Ack-Ack Macaque by Gareth L. Powell