I was born in the wrong era. Well, maybe not since if I had been born in the 30’s I wouldn’t be able to enjoy all the gadgets (and blogs) that I spend so much of my time obsessing over.
Thankfully, Vintagraph is there to provide me with artwork so I can enjoy both my iPad and WPA produced posters. Isn’t the world a wonderful place?
I have my eye on a few of their posters:
- 1939 Worlds Fair on San Francisco Bay: That’s just an awesome work of art, don’t you think?
- Chicago Worlds Fair: Whatever happen to Worlds Fairs, anyway? Judging by these posters they were awesome!
- Keep Your Teeth Clean: I keep a framed parody of this poster in my office.
- Port of Philadelphia: I’ve never been to the port of Philadelphia, but it sure looks busy!
- Rural Pennsylvania: I think this poster has the poorest execution of the lot (though it is still far better than anything I could draw) but I like it the most. I just enjoy the idea of a poster advertising rural PA.