So, I am pretty much moved into the new place. There are a few odds and ends that need to make their way up the two blocks that separate my old apartment from my new, but they are all rather trivial.
So here, in pro and con style, are my first impressions of the new place.
- One of my neighbors has a wireless router, which is setup using the defaults (that's how I can post this from my new place).
- I told people that the new place was about the same size as the old one, but clearly the new apartment is bigger.
- Hardwood floors rock
- I have three medicine cabinets (I need to buy more medicine)
- I have a semi real kitchen (it isn't a gourmet kitchen, but it is much better than the 'cooking closet' I had at the old place)
- First floor apartment means no more 4 flights of spiral staircases
- lots of outlets
- a couple of nice closets
- good light levels
- Getting used to living below someone (my upstairs neighbor has hardwood floors too. Clomp, clomp, clomp.)
- Needs to be painted (I hate painting. Who wants to paint my apartment for me?)
- The front doors for the building are narrow (and I'm wide)