C.K. tagged me, and so now I must participate in the latest meme sweeping the internet. Here we go, five things most of you don’t know about me:
- I was a boy scout, a very bad boy scout but a boy scout nonetheless. My father was an eagle scout and I always had the sneaking suspicion that he wished I was more outdoorsy.
- I enjoy hugs. I have this reputation that I hate being hugged, and it simply isn’t true. I like appropriate hugs, which pretty much covers being hugged by anyone who reads this (if you are so inclined to hug me. If you would rather not hug me that’s cool too). I will seldom initiate a hug, because I can never tell if a hug is welcome, which might add to my hug hating reputation.
- I live in constant fear of being fired. No matter how many times the people I work with tell me that I’m doing a good job, in the back of my mind I think that at any moment I will be told to take my belongings and leave the building. This isn’t a new thing either. When I was in school I was always afraid that I was on the edge of failing all my classes and being kicked out of school.
- I fear that I will die alone (just like Capt. Kirk! I’m such a big geek.)
- When I was a child I carried around a purse. The purse contained blank pieces of paper. When my mother and I would go into stores I would pay for whatever it is we bought by writing a ‘check’ on one of the pieces of paper. This is true, and I have no idea what it means about me.