Alrighty all, for many reasons I find myself in the market for a camcorder of some kind. I would like the following (though I am willing to compromise):
- Record to a hard drive or SD card (tapes are for suckers)
- Ports to hook up an external mic (on board mics are for suckers)
- HD (normal D is for suckers)
- Firewire, aka iLink (USB2 is for suckers)
- Not too expensive (paying retail is for suckers)
Now, I know that the HD thing really throws a kink into the whole equation, so I am willing to forgo that. The camera MUST work with a Mac though (PC's are for suckers).
Anyone have any ideas or websites I should check out? I really know next to nothing about camcorders.
Oh, and I would really like it to have focus-matic like the camera pictured above.